V. Andre Sherman
V. Andre Sherman specializes in the areas of products liability, insurance bad faith, premises liability and business litigation. He has handled numerous high profile consumer class actions, personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout his relatively short career, with notable results. The multi-plaintiff and class action cases handled by Mr. Sherman have also resulted in improved legislative protections for unwitting consumers who have been unfairly targeted with unfair and deceptive pricing. Mr. Sherman is passionate about his clients and the law, and is driven to succeed on behalf of all of those whom he represents.
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS:
Settlement, $46.5 Million Rent-A-Center settled consumer class action, related to deceptive and misleading overpricing of rent-to-own products
Griego/Carrillo v. Rent-A-Center, Case No JCCP 4244
Settlement, $30 Million - An international insurance company settled insurance breach of contract/bad faith case involving major hotel/gaming corporation.
Settlement, $1.25 Million Union Pacific Railroad FELA claim involving unsafe equipment used by railroad worker at intermodal facility that caused injury.
Jackson v. UPRR.,Case No. NC035309
Settlement, $1.53 Million Breach of contract claim against insurance company for failure to make payment on Commercial Crime Policy.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Premises Liability
- Business Litigation
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1997
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1992
- "Who's Who Law - Attorney's Who Bring Business to Their Firms", Los Angeles Business Journal, March, 2005
- "Rent-A-Center, Plaintiff's Attorneys Announce Settlement of Griego/Carrillo Litigation", Business Wire, 2005
- "Verdict, $12.1 Million, including $3.5 Million in Punitive damages in wrongful death case involving runaway semi-truck tractor , Woods v. WMB Transportation, Inc. (2009) Case No. SCVSS 131353"
Honors and Awards
- Los Angeles Magazine, "Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star", 2005 - 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Inn of Court
- Public Justice Foundation
- American Association for Justice
- National Bar Association
- John M. Langston Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2009
- Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyer's Association